Sunday, October 12, 2014

Comfortable In My Own Skin

    

The longer I stay on my headcovering journey the more comfortable I find myself with my own appearance and decisions regarding that appearance.  I wear something that covers most or all of my hair almost all the time (even at home and while I am alone).  It helps me to feel calm and collected and in control.  However, sometimes I feel like wearing a wrap as a bandanna or wide headband that only covers the top of my head. That's OK too.  It still helps me feel covered and in control but adds a little playful element with the back of my hair showing.  Tonight, however, was different.  A friend was watching our Small Monster and allowing Honey and I one of our rare and coveted date nights.  I was actually pretty excited to have an excuse to wear something a little more formal in my headcovering.  I tried several different combinations of styles and coverings and while they all looked wonderful, none of them felt right.  My head wanted to be uncovered.  My hair wanted to be free.  I felt silly contemplating a headcovering free night on the town when I had just started a blog dedicated to the empowering and freeing feeling of covering simply because I felt like covering.  But....isn't that the point?  I am free to headcover if I want.  I am free to wear my hair loose if I want.  I am free to decide what is right for me.  So I will cover when I want and uncover when I want and it's all going to be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment