Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Very Unsettled Sort of Day...

Today (or yesterday since I've stayed up so late I am now working on a new day) was a very interesting day.  I will admit to watching too much alarmist news and allowing the news of our current crisis/health scare to affect my mood far too much (I'm not going to specify which crisis/health scare.  You can just imagine it's whatever one is one the hot seat while you're reading this blog.)  Add to that a teething toddler and prep work for our Wed night Pagan Study Group and you have a very busy and emotionally draining day.

When I'm going though an emotional roller coaster, my wraps tend to make the journey right there with me.  Today I grabbed a simple dark blue scarf with some trim on the ends and a choker necklace that I like to tie on my wraps to add some metallic detail.  I started out with the scarf tied as a head band covering the top of my head but leaving the back of my hair out.  An hour later I was feeling unsettled and re-wrapped my head into a more traditional tichel style with all my hair pulled into a bun in the back and covered.  In the afternoon, I wanted to meditate (my little monster was napping) and switched to a quick turban style that helps me focus (this is the only wrap style that did not include the necklace).  Then it was back to my playful headband style for a few hours.  And finally I finished out the day with an elegant side knot that made me feel pretty as I puttered around the house.

Wow! I feel tired just thinking about wearing all those wraps in one day.  I can't imagine how the poor scarf feels.

The only incarnation of today's wraps I remembered to get a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment