Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial - Killed by Canning


Today was the final day of my weekend long jam, jelly, spread and syrup canning spree.  Why was today the final day?  Because I ran out of jars and lids.  All told I put up 78 jars.  I know there are some experienced canners out there that will scoff at my 78 jars but for me it was a herculean effort especially since we have a toddler in the house so most of my canning projects couldn't start until after 8:30PM.  I made:

*blackberry/raspberry jam

*sugar free blackberry/raspberry jam (so I can share with my diabetic neighbor)

*Blue Sunshine Jam (a lemon/blueberry jam that I had to make because I accidentally thawed one of my bags of blueberries)

*apricot/blackberry spread (I can't wait to use this on some BBQ)

*Root Beer Syrup (it was supposed to be jelly but my Pectin was close to the use by date and didn't set but I'm actually pretty excited it came out as syrup because it is going to taste great on pancakes)

*Raspberry Chipolte Sauce (Honey's favorite). 

I'm hoping to get a tutorial up this week on how to change/convert your wide headbands if the elastic is too tight but it probably wont be up until Thursday at the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment