Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Monet Scarf Update


I've spoken about this scarf before in A Beautiful, Frustrating Scarf and guess what?... I still love the look of this scarf and I still can't find the right wrap for it.  But at least once a week I pull it out and wrap it in various ways in the hopes that this week I will happen upon the magic combination perfect for this wrap.  I really want the hints of pink to show since they help tie this scarf to the Monet paintings of Water Lilies that I associate the scarf with so I have to tie it just right to get them to show and that doesn't always work.  It's also a pretty darn huge scarf, 3X as wide as most of my Tichel scarves and if I just wrap it around my head once and tie it at the base of my neck, both tails still reach past my knees.  I'm considering cutting and hemming it into two smaller scarves but I haven't quite reached the point of no return yet.  So with all that in mind here are this weeks two best contenders for my Monet scarf wrap.


I'm using a royal blue scarf to try and make the monet scarf pop.  It's not terrible but the tails you see resting on my chest are also trailing almost to my knees and every attempt to put them up somehow makes the wrap too large and bulky.  Although I guess I could pretend I wanted it to look like I had a waterfall running off my shoulder.



I decided that this scarf might want to be a hijab since it was so huge and tried wrapping a couple of the "hijab" styles.  I tried the traditional up and over the head to full and tightly frame the face but you will not find that picture here because I looked like a drowning victim trying to get one last gasp of breath before sinking under the water of the pond.  Monet's Water Lilies and that particular style of hijab wrap are not compatable.  The wrap above, however, is probably the best one I've found with this scarf so far.  It's not in my normal style range but it's fun and does actually show the scarf off like I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment